A guide to restarting your Business during COVID-19
News | 30th June 2020
Having a good communication plan, both for staff and customers is key to engaging your team. Ensuring they are aware of social distancing measures, hygiene requirements and respiratory etiquette; and can confidently carry out their duties during service is essential in reassuring diners that all the necessary steps are being taken to keep them safe.
Signage and regular communication with your customers is important. Explain what you are doing to keep them safe. Outline the measures you’re taking to keep the virus at bay. For example, placing a statement on your website or on your menu will let your customers know what you are doing. Use clear signage to indicate and remind them.
Social Distancing measures may include:
- Protective screens and barriers
- Implementing new queueing systems
- Limiting the number of customers and staff in your premises at any one time
- Providing hand sanitising stations
- Increasing the cleaning frequency of all contact surfaces
- New layouts to facilitate social distancing
- Implementing car park restrictions
Click here to view our full range of Cleaning, Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment.
Below you can find useful resources with updates on the global situation regarding COVID-19:
Getting your workplace ready
Workplace Safety Guidelines
Workplace Safety Guidelines for the Hospitality Sector
NI Chamber – 5 step return to work plan for NI businesses